In addition to its function, the sink is an aesthetic element that must harmonize with the bathroom decor. It can be found in different materials and formats. Below, check out valuable tips from the architect Ana Luisa Occhi Vieirato choose your bathroom sink, where to buy and projects to inspire your construction or renovation.
Tips for choosing your bathroom sink
Choosing the ideal bathroom sink model can be a challenge. Although there are many beautiful options on the market, you need to know which type will fit best in your home and pay attention to certain characteristics, such as dimensions and material. See more tips from the architect to make the right choice!
1. The ideal size
The height must be between 85 cm and 90 cm from the floor. “This must be the height of the top of the bowl, so the countertop is only at this height if the bowl is a built-in model.” The bench’s width and depth will depend on the layout of the room. “Normally, a shower has a minimum width of 80 cm to 90 cm and 70 cm for the toilet”, he says. The minimum depth should be “around 50 cm”.
2. The most recommended materials
“The most common and recommended materials for bathroom countertops are natural stones (such as granite and marbles), synthetic stones (such as quartz and Corian) and, currently,porcelain tiles They have also been widely used”, says the professional. It is still possible to find a glass bathroom sink, a minimalist option.
3. Sinks for small bathrooms
There is no rule that defines suitable materials or sink models for small bathrooms. The column sink, as it is smaller, is a great option. It is recommended to choose a format that allows circulation in the environment. For smaller areas, avoid dark tones and opt for materials with neutral and lighter colors, which will create the feeling that the bathroom is larger.
4. Can you use marble on a bathroom sink?
“Yes!”, says Ana Luísa. She explains that, “compared to thegranite, it is a more expensive, less resistant and more porous material. Therefore, waterproofing may be necessary.” Regarding the values, the professional says that “it largely depends on the type of marble that will be used”. National stones tend to be cheaper. Bahia Beige, for example, has a value of around 480/m², andWhite marbleMoura costs around 560/m².
5. Style and format
Choose the one that best suits the decor of your bathroom and meets the needs of the residents. There are different types on the market. For example, there is the over mount sink, installed on the counter top, and the column sink, which is a classic and elegant choice (suitable for small bathrooms). Each model offers its own characteristics and, combined with taps and accessories, creates a beautiful and functional environment.
Set a budget before you start looking for your sink. You can find options in different price ranges. See below where you can buy your bathroom sink!
Before buying your sink, take a good look at the measurements to avoid it being too small or too big. This way, you will be able to respect the distance between the toilet and circulation in the environment, for its best use.
30 bathroom sink photos to inspire your project
Check out these references for bathroom sinks that match the most diverse styles. Also look at the taps and accessories that will complement your planning. This way, you will have a more practical decoration!
1. The bathroom bowl is essential for personal hygiene
2. It also makes your bathroom more beautiful
3. Choose the type that harmonizes with the decor
4. Like this beautiful granite bathroom sink
5. Or this one, which complements the retro decor
6. Sinks come in a variety of materials
7. Like a porcelain bathroom sink
8. Or aglass bowl
9. Which is a sophisticated option
10. And it combines in minimalist styles
11. You can opt for an oval shape
12. Or a modern square tub
13. Go for classic white, which is timeless
14. Colorful options are charming
15. The column-shaped sink is ideal for narrow areas
16. If you have space, opt for a bathroom sink with a cabinet
17. That will help keep the place tidy
18. The furniture brings practicality to the space
19. Pay attention to the choice of faucet
20. And match the chosen bowl!
21. This project is very elegant
22. Just like this one, with marble, which makes everything luxurious
23. This bathroom sink is simpler
24. And she’s equally beautiful!
25. The use of natural materials is a trend
26. They bring a feeling of comfort
27. This small bathroom sink is delicate
28. This double sink project looks incredible
29. And, in this bathroom, golden metals add refinement
30. This shows how the bowl makes all the difference in decoration!
Regardless of your choice of material for your bathroom sink, it is essential that it meets all your daily needs, combined with the aesthetics of the room. After all, the bathroom is an important area in the house.